Calendar of Educational Events:
Bhaktivedanta College RadhadeshBhaktivedanta College has offered the VTE (Vaisnava Training and Education) Bhakti Sastri course since 2003. The course takes a personal approach to learning. It encourages the student not only to memorize the content of Srila Prabhupada's books but also to digest the philosophy and pratically apply it, as it is presented in the VTE Aims of Systematic Sastric Study. The course focuses on behavior and character, nurturing students in appropriate Vaishnava values. Professionally designed and written, it draws on the principles of Krishna consciousness and the best of progressive education. In this way, it is true to ISKCON's heritage and at the same time relevant to its mission in contemporary society.
Mayapur Institute for Higher Education and Training (MIHET)
The Mayapur Institute for Higher Education and Training seeks to carry on Srila Prabhupada's progressive, dynamic and revolutionary approach to education by systematically educating his international followers in a sacred setting, where the philosophy and culture of Krishna consciousness could be lived, breathed, and tasted.
Iskcon San Diego Bhakti Shastri Degree
Study of Bhagavad-gita As It Is, Nectar of Devotion, Nectar of Instruction and Sri Isopanisad at the lotus feet Of Sri Sri Radha-Giridhari.
Classesâ€™ timings are convenient for attendees who have regular jobs, professionals, businessmen, students, temple residents, and housewives.
Classes will be held once a week on Saturday afternoons from 14h00-17h00. This is a 2 Year course at 105 weeks and 3 hours per week. There will only be one class weekly and students will be expected to do most of their studying at home. They will be given homework assignments which will then be discussed during the Saturday class. A tutor will also be available to answer questions via emailwww.krishnasd.com
Vrindavan Institute for Higher Education (VIHE)
1) To fulfill Srila Prabhupada's desire of establishing an institute in Vrindavan to train qualified preachers.
2) To provide an ideal facility and atmosphere for devotees wishing to engage in serious study.
3) To provide training and instruction in brahminical knowledge, culture and skills relevant to management and preaching within Iskcon thus enabling devotees to become more effective in their services.
4) To preserve and disseminate standards Srila Prabhupada set for acting in Krsna consciousness.
5) To deepen devotee's understanding, realization and appreciation of Srila Prabhupada's teachings and movement.
6) To help devotees become well conversant in Krsna conscious philosophy.
7) To strengthen and improve devotee's study habits.
8) To provide facility for qualified devotees to teach.
9) To enable devotees to become qualified to teach and develop educational programs in their preaching areas.
Seminario Hare Krishna
Bhaktivedanta College of Education and CultureThe Bhaktivedanta College of Education and Culture (BCEC) was founded in July 1991 in Durban, South Africa. Brhat-mrdanga Dasa formed the BCEC under the instructions and guidance of His Holiness Giriraja Swami. The college is a forum to discuss and relish the translations and purports of the books of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.» Download full text. » Download additional text.
Bhaktivedanta College of Education and Culture
P.O. BOX 815, LENASIA, GAUTENG, 1820
Telephone: (011) 675 0684 / 0835511550
The first Bhakti Shastri course to be held at New Govardhana Community will commence in the week of 2nd February 2008.
This course is in accordance with the wishes of His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedata Swami Prabhupada that devotees should study in depth the scriptures, and his books, to gain a solid understanding of the science of Krishna Consciousness.
The course will be conducted over one year and will study Bhagavad-gita, Nectar of Devotion, Sri Isopanisad and Nectar of Instruction.
The course will be co-ordinated by Saranya Devi Dasi with visiting shastri teachers and sannyasis.
ISKCON GBC endorses all authorized Bhakti Shastri courses. At present these courses are conducted in Vrindavana, Mayapur, Belgium, South America, Africa, Melbourne and Brisbane.
All those who wish to study Srila Prabhupadaâ€™s books and have a greater under standing of devotional service will benefit from this course.
Saranya Devi Dasi 02 66725295
Gaura Shakti Devi Dasi 02 66722773 0415 276757
Bhaktivedanta College VTE Bhakti Sastri Online
Bhaktivedanta College offers a complete one-year VTE Bhakti Sastri course online at www.bhakti-sastri.com. Study Prabhupada's books online, guided by experienced teachers, in a virtual community of sincere devotees.
Four things you can expect:
- sadhu-sanga, a community of devotees encouraged to contribute to discussions and to "meet" during a weekly live chat;
- gaining knowledge through a structured and guided approach to studying Srila Prabhupada's books;
- reflections: exercises that help you assimilate and apply the knowledge;
- personal attention: responses from your teacher to your questions and discussions within two days.
What is expected of you:
- sadhu-sanga: taking part in discussions and chats;
- study: reading for five to seven hours per week;
- internet access;
- feedback: on how we can improve the course.
For more information, check